Request a Quote
Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Texas
Boat and Watercraft Insurance protects your boat, motor, and personal possessions. It provides liability protection for accidental damage to someone else's property or bodily injury if the insured is found legally responsible. However, knowing what your policy includes is essential because different boats have different risks and coverage needs. At Allied Insurance Agency in Amarillo, TX, we are ready to offer the necessary assistance you may need towards having your boat or watercraft insured.
Here are some of the most common boat/watercraft coverages in Texas:
- Bodily Injury/Property Damage Liability – protection against claims arising from injury to or destruction of another person's property or bodily injury to others while using the insured boat.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – protection against claims arising from medical expenses for you and your passengers incurred due to an accident while operating a "watercraft.''
- Law Enforcement – coverage for property damage or bodily injury to others that arises out of your legal obligation to keep watch over the insured boat (for example, if you are responsible for causing an accident while moored).
- Medical Payments – coverage that pays for the medical expenses of all occupants onboard your watercraft from an accident regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured Boater – protection against claims from damage or injury caused by a third person who does not have bodily injury liability insurance.
- Towing & Labor – pay towing costs and labor costs for removing your boat from the water if it becomes disabled due to mechanical breakdown or other problems while underway. If the boat can't be towed because of weather conditions, the policy may pay for a nearby mechanic to set it up so that you can operate it to safety.
Are you looking into having your boat or watercraft insured? Contact Allied Insurance Agency, serving Amarillo, TX, about your specific needs concerning boat and watercraft Insurance and how to go about it.